Monday 21 December 2015

Yeovil - Fri 18 Dec

I popped in to Yeovil this afternoon and paid a visit to Yeovil Openspace, an area I'd heard of but never before visited. Accessed from Abbey Manor it is a small green area with a small stream flowing through it. So why was I here? Well, for a bird of course. Two Yellow-browed Warblers had amazingly been found in this area a couple of days earlier so I simply had to take a look. I spent about twenty minutes at the site during which time I had great views of both Yellow-browed Warblers. Also present a very vocal Siberian Chiffchaff (plus a second bird which looked like a very good candidate for tristis). There were a few "normal" Chiffchaffs also present, at least four, and I also located a Firecrest, which was a real surprise too. The area was a real oasis for birds and amazing that so many quality birds had turned up together in the middle of Yeovil!

No comments:

Post a Comment