Friday 2 September 2016

Sutton Bingham - Fri 2 Sep

I was late in to work today due to some family commitments but I still managed a visit to the reservoir late morning. As I set off from the car park heading south I saw a flock of waders fly south, annoyingly I was walking through the only patch of trees so a quick sprint in to the open meant I was just able to confirm a flock of fifteen Black-tailed Godwits! Unfortunately, they kept heading south and didn't land but even so it was great to see and this was my highest single count of Black-tailed Godwit at Sutton Bingham.
Also this morning, a couple of Little Egrets were still about and three Common Sandpipers were seen. Despite Wessex Water clearing all the scrub from the northern causeway the Shelduck was un-phased and was still present.

No comments:

Post a Comment