Monday 6 February 2017

Sutton Bingham - Sun 5 Feb

I was able to spend a good ninety minutes at the reservoir late morning and I turned out to be a pretty productive visit. Starting at the Fishing Lodge there was not that much about but a male Kestrel was a nice addition to the year list.
I then drove round to West Pool where five Tufted Duck were present, before heading to the southern end of the reservoir. Seven Wigeon and twenty-seven Teal were noted on the water and I then took a walk around Cotton Bridge. As walking along I put up a Woodcock, just my second only record of this species at Sutton Bingham and a great bird to find. Also in the same area a pair of Mandarin. Finally the morning ended with a Raven passing overhead.
Sutton Bingham year list 2017 now at 69 species.

No comments:

Post a Comment