Saturday 29 April 2017

Riseley - Tue 25 Apr to Thu 27 Apr

A few days away on business this week and I was based in Riseley, just south of Reading in Berkshire. Obviously being on business I wasn't able to do much in the way of birding, but just down the road was Wellington Country Park which I thought might be worth a visit...until I saw the £11 entry fee! Fortunately, after a bit of driving around, I found a pull in at the back of the country park where, by standing on the door sill of the car, I could get a bit of a view of the lake! Quite a bit of effort just to get a birding fix, but it was enjoyable none the less.
I only managed a couple of brief visits whilst away with the pick of the birds being a pair of Egyptian Geese, a single Common Sandpiper and a fly-over Hobby. Overhead Red Kites were ever present, with my single highest count being of twelve birds up in the air together. Four Barnacle Geese were grazing in a nearby field and a couple of Red-legged Partridge were feeding in the garden of the hotel that I stayed in.
So a few bits and pieces of interest whilst away, including a couple of Corn Buntings seen near Stonehenge whilst I was in transit!

No comments:

Post a Comment