Tuesday 25 April 2017

Sutton Bingham - Sat 22 Apr

A real patch scarcity today with a singing Cuckoo present somewhere in trees south of the Fishing Lodge. I first heard it calling in the morning and then again during a return visit later in the day. This is the first Cuckoo I've heard singing at Sutton Bingham for more years than I care to remember.
As well as today's Cuckoo there was also another surprise, just a week or so after my first ever Spring Sutton Bingham Wheatear today I found two more, one of which is shown below!
Other birds present today included a Little Egret on West Pool and ten Sand Martins, five House Martin and a good number of Swallows passing through. More Common Sandpipers today with seven birds counted.
Yesterday evening a drake Mandarin was on West Pool briefly.
Sutton Bingham year list 2017 now at 89 species.

No comments:

Post a Comment