Friday 18 January 2019

Sutton Bingham - Thu 17 Jan

Although a week has passed since my last proper visit to the patch, I did add Tawny Owl to the patch year list on Monday night. Today though I made an afternoon visit that was looking pretty disappointing as all I could manage was around one hundred and fifty Wigeon from the Fishing Lodge before taking a look around West Pool where it all got rather exciting. As I walked along a chestnut brown bird went up from almost under my feet and what followed was half an hour or so of me trying to pin it down, although I was pretty certain I knew what it was. It was occasionally calling and showed very briefly enabling me to confirm identification and then it popped out in to the open, flew back in to cover and sent out a burst of song, my first patch Cetti's Warbler for at least ten years, a real patch mega! The only other birds of note today were five Snipe and a flock of eighteen Lapwing that flew over.
Sutton Bingham year list 2019 now at 52 species.

No comments:

Post a Comment