Monday 8 February 2021

Sutton Bingham - Sun 7 Feb

Taking my daily exercise at the reservoir this afternoon and it started fairly well with a single drake Gadwall amongst the Wigeon flock in the north-east corner. The fourth Gadwall I've seen on the patch this year having waited until the end of September to see one last year.
Having heard one "cronking" yesterday it was nice to see a couple of Raven today, my first at Sutton Bingham this year. As I was watching the Ravens a Grey Wagtail dropped in to a puddle right in front to me, but turned his back just as I took the photo!
On the water there were three adult Mediterranean Gulls, one in near full summer plumage with a second not far behind. Around a dozen Common Gulls were also present.
Sutton Bingham year list for 2021 now at 66 species.

No comments:

Post a Comment