Friday 12 February 2021

Sutton Bingham - Thu 11 Feb

I started my daily exercise at the Fishing Lodge today where a good number of Wigeon were still present along with several Canada Geese, but nothing unusual amongst either flock. A nice flock of eighteen Tufted Duck were in the north-east corner, that's a decent count for Sutton Bingham these days. In the horse paddock I was surprised to find two Lapwing, not often one gets grounded Lapwing in winter, they are usually seen in flocks flying over.
As I carried on my walk a raptor whizzed overhead and caused a bit of a fuss amongst various smaller birds (including at least one Siskin)before it alighted in a tree. A very smart male Kestrel, my second new patch year tick of the day.
A further stroll around the southern end of the reservoir produced seven Teal but nothing else of note.
Sutton Bingham year list for 2021 now at 68 species.

No comments:

Post a Comment