Monday 17 April 2023

Sutton Bingham - Mon 17 Apr

A quick pre-work visit today was extremely productive. Parking at the southern end I found a Common Tern hawking over the reservoir, and it eventually did the decent thing and landed on a buoy in front of me.
Having enjoyed the Common Tern for a few minutes I noticed a large bird in the trees on the far shore, an Osprey, my second of the year for Sutton Bingham.
Also at the southern end a singing Skylark and six Mute Swans, the latter still somewhat of a scarce visitor to the patch these days. I also flushed two small duck but I had a willow between me and them as they flew off so was unable to confirm identification, but the brief view I had showed fairly dark birds so I am presuming they were Teal.
Stopping at the northern causeway as I left the site an Osprey flew over heading north, initially presuming it was the bird from earlier I soon found out it was a second individual as Ash was still watching the perched up bird. So two Ospreys at the reservoir in one morning, awesome.
Sutton Bingham year list for 2023 now at 93 species.

No comments:

Post a Comment