Monday 1 April 2024

Sutton Bingham - Mon 1 Apr

I had a message from one of the Wessex Water rangers this morning saying that three swans were present, within half an hour of getting his text I was on site, but alas the swans were not! This is the second time this year I've missed Mute Swan on patch, it's a tough species to get at Sutton Bingham these days.
However, it was not a totally wasted journey as I did add three more species to the year list, starting with my first Swallow of the year over the field between the car park and the Canoe Club, three Linnets were on the fence line south of West Pool, and two Jays flew over the northern end of the reservoir. It would also appear that a pair of Grey Herons are nest-building in trees below the car park, I can't recall Grey Herons nesting on patch in all the years I've been birding here, so that's a welcome piece of good news.
Sutton Bingham year list for 2024 now at 79 species.

No comments:

Post a Comment