Tuesday 23 April 2024

Sutton Bingham - Thu 18 Apr

Some time on patch this afternoon and it was really hard work, admittedly the weather wasn't brilliant, rather overcast and windy and not that warm either, but considering it's mid-April I was expecting some action. that being said, I did find a Great White Egret on West Pool, so not all bad I suppose.
I also managed to collect some new birds for the year list with two House Martins over the Water Treatment Works, hopefully many more will arrive to this once thriving colony. A brief Willow Warbler flitted through the trees and I finally got my first Treecreeper of the year for the reservoir. Migrants still very much absent though and the southern meadows are still closed.
Sutton Bingham year list for 2024 now at 82 species.

No comments:

Post a Comment