Monday 24 May 2010

Ilton Airfield - Mon 24 May

I decided to take a quick trip up to Ilton Airfield, just north of Ilminster, after my usual Monday night table tennis practice. It was a lovely evening and I could hear birds singing as I pulled in to the turning area at the south-western end of the airfield at about 8.30pm.
A couple of Chiffchaffs were calling away, and a Song Thrush was also in full song, but I was after a particular species tonight, and it was not long before I could hear a Nightingale blaring away from the undergrowth.
A Raven was also croaking from a nearby tree, and a Cuckoo was calling from the back of the airfield. The only other bird of note was a fly-over Great Spotted Woodpecker. With the light fading, I headed off home to catch the end of the England friendly.

No comments:

Post a Comment