Monday 3 May 2010

Sutton Bingham - Mon 3 May

After being busy all weekend, I finally decided to get out and about for a couple of hours this afternoon and popped up to Sutton Bingham. I stopped off at the northern causeway first and scanned the main reservoir. Some eighty or so gulls were on the water, the usual mix of Herring and Lesser Black-backed Gulls, plus a couple of Black-headed Gulls. Over West Pool there were several Swallows and Sand Martins.
I then went down to the southern end and walked round the bottom half of the reservoir. Whilst there was nothing that unusual I did see a singing Reed Bunting and the Sedge Warbler I had heard on Saturday was still singing away. A couple of Common Whitethroats were also seen.
However, there was one surprise...I was shocked to see a Long-eared Bat in flight! I also saw a Red Fox and five Roe Deer.

On the butterfly front, an Orange-tip and a Green-veined White (pictured above) were noted.

No comments:

Post a Comment