Tuesday 8 June 2010

Sutton Bingham - Tue 8 Jun

I decided to pop up to Sutton Bingham for an hour this evening as I'd not visited the reservoir for several weeks. My first stop was the Water Treatment Works where Spring had definately been in the air as before long I had located a newly fledged family of Blue Tits and then a handful of newly fledged Robins. I also saw a Grey Wagtail gathering food.
I then drove round to the southern end of the reservoir where a Reed Warbler was showing well and at least one more was heard singing, as was a Reed Bunting. The water level was still really high, so the chance of any waders was zero. Two sub-adult Grey Herons were present though.
On West Pool a Little Grebe was seen and three juvenile Mallards were swimming along.

No comments:

Post a Comment