Sunday 2 January 2011

Bracketts Copse NR and Sutton Bingham - Sun 2 Jan

After carrying out a few chores it was too late in the day to travel any distance, so I popped out to the small Dorset Wildlife Trust of Bracketts Copse, arriving soon after 2.30pm. I took a walk around the wood and managed to pick up a few of the expected woodland species, including Nuthatch, Treecreeper and Green Woodpecker. However, there was not a huge amount of birdlife about, so at 3.30pm I left the copse and headed home, stopping at Sutton Bingham en route.
I parked the car on the northern causeway and took a walk along the water's edge. A Mistle Thrush was seen in the car park (which is currently closed for the winter), and a flock of thirty-three Lapwing flew over. I failed to see much more of note, so with the light fading fast, returned to the car and came on home.
UK list for 2011 now at 89 species.

No comments:

Post a Comment