Sunday 23 January 2011

Sutton Bingham - Sun 23 Jan

My usual Sunday morning visit after dropping Ellie off at church and I decided to leave the car by the entrance to the car park (which is closed during the winter months). Walking through the car park there were severl small birds flitting around including a Treecreeper and about four Greenfinches.
I followed the path from the car park along the water's edge to the hide. I was surprised by the lack of birds on the water, in fact the only birds of note were three Tufted Ducks and two Pochard from the northern causeway and seven Wigeon off the dam.
A single Snipe flew up from the edge of the water as I walked along. A small flock of seven or eight Long-tailed Tits were feeding with a few Goldfinches and a single Goldcrest.
A steady passage of Black-headed Gulls flew north, with somewhere in the region of two hundred birds flying over.
As I returned to the car a large flock of Fieldfares and Redwings left the trees in the car park and flew east over the reservoir.

No comments:

Post a Comment