Wednesday 15 June 2011

Sutton Bingham - Wed 15 Jun

Another rather overcast and dismal day so I decided against zooming miles around the countryside in an attempt to add to my year list and spent a couple of hours during the early part of the afternoon at the reservoir.
From the northern causeway I scanned West Pool, but the only bird of interest was a single Little Egret, so I drove down to the southern end where a second Little Egret was also present. I then set off for a walk around the bottom half of the reservoir after clearing access with the warden.
A Garden Warbler was a good sighting and other warblers were also present with Blackcap, Whitethroat, Willow Warbler and Chiffchaff all being present. I was surprised to see a Kingfisher as they are usually absent during the summer months.
There were loads of Meadow Brown butterflies on the wing and I also saw my first Ringlets of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment