Wednesday 19 September 2012

Briantspuddle - Wed 19 Sep

Ellie had a meeting this afternoon and so I had the opportunity to take Tristan out for a couple of hours, so we headed south and paid another visit to the small heathland reserve just outside Briantspuddle. As we got out of the car a couple of Siskins were calling and flitting around in the top of the fir trees. We then walked out on to the heath where I was hoping to connect with Dartford Warbler having missed the species on my two previous visits to the site this year. As I waited and scanned the gorse a couple of small flocks of Meadow Pipits flew over, they really seem to be on the move at present. Eventually, I heard a Dartford Warbler calling from a patch of gorse behind us, but only saw a flick of a tail as it vanished into the undergrowth...and that was it! Time up as Tristan needed to get back for his tea, but another year tick...albeit a crap view! Oh yes, and I also saw my first Small Copper of the year, and it was a beauty.

No comments:

Post a Comment