Sunday 16 September 2012

Greylake RSPB - Wed 12 & Sat 15 Sep

Two trips to Greylake RSPB this week to try and see the Spotted Crake that has been showing so well for just about everyone who has gone to see it. Wednesday's trip with the whole family was so uneventful (we dipped the bird) and saw nothing else worth writing about so I didn't bother with a blog entry. However, Saturday's trip was slightly different!
I say slightly different in so far as I saw a flock of forty Lapwing fly over the reserve during my visit with Tristan and at least ten Meadow Pipits also passed overhead, but with regard to the Spotted Crake it was déjà vu. Because of timings revolving around Tristan's dinner and nap times I just couldn't get to the site during the prime times for seeing the bird...and it cost me both times.
Now the big question is...do I try again?

No comments:

Post a Comment