Tuesday 7 May 2013

Sutton Bingham - Mon 6 May

A sunny Bank Holiday Monday and I spent a little over an hour at the reservoir. I had missed a couple of Oystercatchers that were present on Sunday as I was attending a family christening in Berkshire (my second trip to that county in eight days...which yielded Grey and Red-legged Partridge, Corn Bunting and countless Red Kites), so I was hoping something interesting might be at the reservoir this morning. Probably the pick of a rather bird-less visit was a singing male Linnet, a bird that is by no means guaranteed at the reservoir nowadays.
Around a hundred Swallows passed through heading north in a twenty minute flurry of migration activity, but that was pretty much it apart from a singing Sedge Warbler near the Canoe Club.
Apart from the birds I saw my first Orange Tip of the year and a pair of Brown Hares were enjoying the sunshine and were a delight to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment