Monday 8 September 2014

Sutton Bingham - Sun 7 Sep

The Osprey was still present late morning near the Canoe Club but was slightly more mobile during the afternoon as it was first seen at the southern end as it made it's way north up the reservoir, last being seen making a fishing attempt neat the Sailing Club and then drifting east and becoming lost to view.
More importantly today I notched up my one hundredth species of bird on patch this year with a fly-over Yellow Wagtail! I must admit that I feel this is quite a landmark as my patch is a pretty small inland reservoir. I managed 102 species in 2013, so with three and a half months to go it'll be interesting to see how the rest of the year goes and what more I can add.
By the way, a Meadow Pipit flew over with a load of Swallows mid-afternoon too!

No comments:

Post a Comment