Saturday 20 June 2015

Sutton Bingham - Fri 19 Jun

It's funny how things work out. At the end of a ridiculously busy week I had the Friday afternoon from hell with some major issues at work that I simply had to resolve before leaving, as a result I was half an hour late getting away from the office. A quick call to update the family was followed by a five minute stop at the reservoir to unwind before getting home. Nothing much of note at Sutton Bingham until I noticed a couple of birds flying towards me from the direction of the dam, and I was surprised to see a couple of Lapwing drift over my head and head north. Both birds were in pretty heavy wing moult, and I can only assume they are early migrants after breeding, presumably unsuccessfully. A real surprise in June and another patch year tick.
Sutton Bingham year list for 2015 now at 92 species.

No comments:

Post a Comment