Thursday 4 June 2015

Sutton Bingham - Wed 4 Jun

The funny thing about birds is that you never when or where something unusual will turn up. I popped in to the reservoir this afternoon for a quick look and to be honest I was not really expecting to see anything what with it being June and Spring migration pretty much done for the year. So imagine my surprise when I found a Knot actively feeding on the northern causeway. The bird was ridiculously tame, and judging from the plumage I'd say it was a first-summer bird, having hatched last year. Now I know I'm not exactly well known for my photographic skills, but I still had a pop today just to get a couple of record shots, and the snippet of video (taken on my phone) shows just how close the bird was.
 
This was only my second Knot at Sutton Bingham, and this one was much more obliging than the last one. It just goes to show, you never know what will turn up on your local patch...oh yes, and there was nothing else worth a mention either!
Sutton Bingham year list for 2015 now at 88 species.

No comments:

Post a Comment