Monday 22 February 2016

Sutton Bingham - Sat 20 Feb

A mid-afternoon visit was limited to the southern end of the reservoir around Cotton Bridge due to sailing and angling activities at the northern end. A good walk around produced a few duck on the water, though they were easily spooked by my presence...despite my best attempts at stealth! At least forty Teal and thirty Wigeon were still present and a single drake Tufted Duck. I also saw a drake Mandarin, another year tick for the patch. This was shortly followed by a second patch year tick as a Skylark was seen over the fields behind the reservoir. As I ended my visit and walked back to the car a flock of Black-headed Gulls passed south with nine Mediterranean Gulls amongst them.
NB: A brief visit on Sunday morning yielded nothing of note other than my first Green Woodpecker of the year.
Sutton Bingham year list for 2016 now at 72 species.

No comments:

Post a Comment