Monday 8 February 2016

Sutton Bingham - Sun 7 Feb

I managed my first "proper" visit of the month to Sutton Bingham this morning and it was surprisingly quiet on the water, with a pair of Teal the only wild duck I saw, though I am sure there were probably a few more tucked away at the extreme southern end of the reservoir.
I started off at the dam, but that turned out to be a waste of time with nothing of note seen, so round to the northern causeway and an equally bird-less West Pool. Finally a bit of action in the car park where I heard a Nuthatch calling, my first of the year on patch, and the alders held a flock of seven Lesser Redpoll and six Siskin which put on a good show. The wintering Stonechat was again present between the car park and the Canoe Club and a single Snipe was flushed.
Despite a good search around a few other areas of the reservoir I failed to see much more until a check of the pylons produced a Peregrine, my second patch year tick of the day and a good way to end the visit.
Sutton Bingham year list for 2016 now at 66 species.

No comments:

Post a Comment