Tuesday 16 August 2016

Sutton Bingham - Tue 16 Aug

I managed about ninety minutes at the reservoir before work this morning, and whilst I didn't add anything to the year list I still managed to see a few decent birds.
Starting at the dam I noted two Common Sandpipers, a couple of Teal and there were still two Little Egrets present.
Round then to the northern causeway where West Pool hosted another Common Sandpiper, one more Little Egret and the Shelduck was still hanging around.
Finally, a stop at the southern end of the reservoir where two Hobbies were seen and two more Common Sandpipers were present. There were good numbers of warblers feeding with the pick being single Sedge Warbler and Lesser Whitethroat alongside a few Willow Warblers and Chiffchaffs. At least three Reed Warblers were still around with an adult seen carrying food, whether this is for a second brood or not I don't know.

No comments:

Post a Comment