Saturday 18 May 2019

Sutton Bingham - Fri 17 May

A quick stop on the way home from work failed to produce anything but a text from James an hour later (just after a heavy rain shower) told me of a Dunlin on the northern causeway. So off I went and fortunately the bird was still showing well. A very smart summer-plumaged individual with a very nice long bill, a possible alpina candidate? The light was dreadful but obviously I had to get a photo!
Having missed a flock of eight Dunlin seen by Pete Akers earlier in the month (only present for a minute or two before flying off) this was another bird I have clawed back. On the down side, James had two more Red Kites over the reservoir this afternoon, that's four I've missed on patch this year!
Sutton Bingham year list 2019 now at 96 species.

No comments:

Post a Comment