Saturday 18 May 2019

Sutton Binhgam - Sat 18 May

A quick visit before work and the last night's Dunlin was still present though it had moved over the area near the Fishing Lodge and was in the company of two Common Sandpipers. Unfortunately I had left my phone at home so was unable to get a better photo!
I made a very late return to the patch today, having been out with friends in Sherborne I stopped off at around 11.30pm following up on some information one of the local farmers had given me a few weeks ago. He had told me that he was certain he had a Nightingale singing in his garden! Anyway, today was the first real chance I'd had to check this out, and sure enough he was right. I only had my mobile but did attempt a recording of it singing, you may need to turn the volume up!
I spent about half an hour listening to the Nightingale singing away, a most unexpected patch tick.
Sutton Bingham year list 2019 now at 97 species.

No comments:

Post a Comment