Saturday 17 September 2022

Sutton Bingham - Wed 14 Sep

A quick lunchtime visit was very productive (though I missed an Osprey being mobbed by a Red Kite by a matter of minutes - I blame the Land Rover driver I was following who stopped his vehicle every time a car came towards him!). Anyway, enough moaning, what I did connect with this afternoon were a couple of juvenile Ringed Plovers at the southern end along with seven Green Sandpipers and a lone Wood Sandpiper.
Also at the southern end today was just the second Great White Egret of the year.
Now I would like to take credit for the Great White Egret and Wood Sandpiper, but Dave Chown had been on site before me and reported them, so I'll settle for the good views instead.
I did have a fly-over Tree Pipit though and six Shoveler and two Common Sandpiper were noted. A Clouded Yellow as also on the wing.


No comments:

Post a Comment