Wednesday 10 November 2010

Boshill Cross - Wed 10 Nov

A lovely bright afternoon, so I took advantage of my half day and drove down to Boshill Cross, about four or so miles south of Axminster. I pulled off the road at Axminster Football Club and looked over the flooded field opposite and connected with my target bird straightaway, a Long-billed Dowitcher. The bird was showing really well and afforded excellent views.
Also present, at least twenty Dunlin and several Curlew and Lapwings. There were also a small number of Teal on the small pool.
Before I had a chance to decide what to do next I had a phone call from work, so unfortunately I had to give up on the idea of any more birding and zoom home to troubleshoot an IT problem...wasn't this meant to be my half day?

No comments:

Post a Comment