Sunday 21 November 2010

Sutton Bingham - Sun 21 Nov

My usual Sunday morning visit whilst Ellie was at church was somewhat productive. Starting on the northern causeway I noticed a mixed flock of twenty or so Fieldfares and Redwings fly over and land in trees near the Sailing Club. On West Pool the only things of note were two Little Grebes.
I then headedon to the southern end of the reservoir and took a walk about. I inadvertantly flushed seven Snipe from the waterside vegetation and duck numbers were not too bad with at least fifty Wigeon and twenty Teal present.
Over heads further flocks of Fieldfares passed by with at least one hundred birds moving. There was a flock of forty or so Starlings near the southern causeway feeding on sloes, and a single Goldcrest was also seen in that area.
Before I knew it my hour was up and it was time to head back home.

No comments:

Post a Comment