Monday 2 January 2012

Ham Wall RSPB - Mon 2 Jan

Not a birding outing today, but rather Tristan's first real trip out and about as Ellie and I took him up to the Somerset Levels this morning to take advantage of the sun. Despite pushing a pram I did manage to keep an eye out for any birds of note, but it was pretty quiet. I did manage to add Common Buzzard to my year list and a couple of Water Rails were heard calling, but that was it.
On our way home we took a slight diversion and drove across Aller Moor in the hope of finding the released Common Cranes as a genuine wild bird has been seen with them, but we drew a blank with this too. To sum up a poor morning for birds, I checked the pager when we got home and we had missed a Yellow-browed Warbler at Ham Wall! At least I've got 364 days left to add to the year list!

No comments:

Post a Comment