Tuesday 31 January 2012

Sutton Bingham - Sat 28 Jan

After dropping Ellie off in Yeovil so she could go shopping, Tristan and I spent a couple of hours up at the reservoir. Making straight for the hide I walked south along the reservoir and took a walk around the flooded area of woodland, flushing two Snipe along the way. There was not really much of note to be seen though I did see a Marsh Tit and a single drake Mandarin.
Returnign to the hide I counted forty-five Teal on the water and a Raven was calling from atop one of the pylons...so at least I had picked up a year tick.
On West Pool I noted another half a dozen Teal and a pair of Wigeon alongside seven Tufted Ducks. A larger flock of thirty-five Wigeon were grazing on the water's edge near the Sailing Club. Then it was time up and off to pick up mummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment