Friday 8 June 2012

Acres Down - Fri 8 Jun

I had the day booked off work so I drove down to Mudeford with Ellie and Tristan and dropped them off with Ellie's folks before driving up to the New Forest. I arrived at Acre's Down soon atfer 10.30am and walked out to the usual viewpoint in the hope that there would be some raptors around. I was not feeling overly confident as it was rather grey and cloudy and the wind was blowing a gale. However, I struck lucky and within quarter of an hour managed to pick out a Goshawk as it dipped below the skyline. A few Common Buzzards kept me on my toes and three Hobbies and a Sparrowhawk also passed through. Finally I picked out my other target as a Honey Buzzard made a quick and distant flight over the trees before dropping out of view. There was not much else to see due to the weather conditions but a few Tree Pipits were in constant song whilst I was on site. I had promised to be back in Mudeford in time for lunch with the family so after a successful visit set off.

No comments:

Post a Comment