Sunday 24 June 2012

Sutton Bingham - Sun 24 Jun

After dropping Ellie off at church I took Tristan up to the reservoir in the hope of another look at the Osprey that we had seen briefly on a flying visit late yesterday afternoon. Parking by the hide we walked halfway to the canoe club but there was no sign of the bird. Several Meadow Browns were on the wing and I did see my first Large Skipper of the year, a few damselflies were also seen, and I think they were Common Blue Damselflies.
I set my 'scope up and scanned the skies to the south of the reservoir where I could see a few raptors. A couple of Sparrowhawks and Buzzards and a single Kestrel and then I got on the Osprey as it drifted slowly away from me heading south. Serveal Swifts were also feeding up high but there was not much else about. Before we knew it our hour was up and it was time to go and collect Ellie.

No comments:

Post a Comment