Saturday 4 August 2012

Black Hole Marsh, Seaton - Sat 4 Aug

Ellie was out all day attending a friend's Hen Party, so I had the pleasure of looking after Tristan for the day. A quick trip to Sutton Bingham in the morning produced nothing at all of note, but in the afternoon we drove down to Seaton and took a walk around Black Hole Marsh.
There was a surprising number of waders present considering the time of year and before long I had seen five Common Sandpipers, single Green Sandpipers, Dunlin and Redshank, three Lapwings, seventeen Black-tailed Godwits, and two Greenshanks (unbelievably my first of 2012!).
Out on the estuary there were loads of gulls, but I could not find anything out of the ordinary amongst the commoner species.
Whilst on site I also saw a few Gatekeeper butterflies, and after about ninety minutes on site we headed back home so that Tristan could have his tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment