Sunday 19 August 2012

Sutton Bingham - Sun 19 Aug

Slightly less than an hour at the reservoir this morning as we were running late getting Ellie to church. The was pretty much nothing to see on site, until a pair of Teal flew past me whilst I was standing by the hide. I've had my suspicions that a pair may have spent the summer at the reservoir, but this could have been a migrating couple.
Soon afterwards my attention was drawn to a falcon as it headed towards me from the far side of the reservoir, I soon realised it was a Hobby carrying prey and as it reached me it started calling. This call received an enthusiastic reply as a second bird came from behind me to join the first where they exchanged the prey in flight. Quite a spectacle and then both birds vanished as quickly as they had appeared.
A quick walk along the road from the hide to the southern causeway produced a single Mandarin as it swam from the near bank away from me.

No comments:

Post a Comment