Saturday 5 January 2013

Norton Sub Hamdon - Sat 5 Jan

I stayed local this morning and whilst Ellie went shopping I took Tristan out and we popped down the road to Norton Sub Hamdon. After parking the car and getting Tristan ready we set off and within a minute or two I found what I was after with an rather smart Hawfinch perched in the top of a tree near the church. Over the next hour or so I saw at least one more until eventually having walked round to the church, I counted ten Hawfinch in the tall trees that ran alongside the churchyard, including some really nice looking male birds. Unfortunately I was not able to get that close to any of the birds, but still got a couple of record shots with my phone!
 
As I wandered around the village I also saw my first Coal Tit and Goldcrest of the new year, and a flock of sixty or so Fieldfare flew over. So all in all a pretty good morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment