Wednesday 23 January 2013

Sutton Bingham - Sun 20 Jan

I popped out this afternoon for an hour or so at the end of the day to get a bit of fresh air as we had been house-bound all day due to the weather. It was too late to travel that far, so I ended up at the reservoir and had a good walk around. Starting at the southern end I put up three Snipe from the water's edge and my first Peregrine of 2013 was sat on one of the pylons. About a dozen or so Teal were seen and generated a bit of interest from the Peregrine when they all took to the air!
A couple of Treecreepers were also new birds for the year as they fed with a Goldcrest and several Long-tailed Tits.
From the northern causeway I again noted the Little Egret near the Sailing Club and the flock of two dozen Wigeon were still off the dam. My third year tick came in the form of a female Sparrowhawk that drifted over the reservoir, upsetting many of the gathered Black-headed Gulls. The field alongside the Sailing Club held somewhere in the region of two hundred Fieldfare.

No comments:

Post a Comment