Sunday 3 February 2013

Lyme Regis - Sun 3 Feb

An afternoon trip to the seaside today and a lovely stroll along the seafront complete with an ice cream. Tristan also had his first experience of sand and this was a great success! On the bird front a quick call to my mate Andy got me the best location to see Purple Sandpipers, and it did not take too long for me to find half a dozen of these smashing little waders. As we were walking back to the car a very interesting juvenile gull was seen on the beach. A nice uniform dark brown I cursed the fact I had left my scope in the car so no chance of getting any photos to aid with ID (by the time I had got to the car and back with my scope it had been flushed by walkers). I guess I'll never know but American Herring Gull just kept popping in to my mind...and so another one gets away. I also added Rock Pipit to my year list.

No comments:

Post a Comment