Tuesday 6 May 2014

Ham Wall RSPB - Sun 4 May

Up to Ham Wall this afternoon and in bright sunshine I had a most enjoyable visit. I made pretty much straight for the second viewpoint where I found four Whimbrel, a good start to the afternoon out. A couple of Hobbies flew around overhead and at least three Bitterns gave cracking views. Several Swifts were wheeling around and a couple of Cuckoos were heard, though I didn't manage to see any. The usual warblers were in full song and a very fine Nightingale but on rather a good show for the gathered masses (news of this particular individual is out in the public domain now), though one or two "birders" felt the inclination to get almost in the bush with it, though luckily for them they moved away before I got close enough to say something! So a cracking afternoon out and a couple of year ticks to boot.

No comments:

Post a Comment