Monday 19 May 2014

Sutton Bingham - Mon 19 May

An early morning visit before work this morning proved to be a good call. I parked at the Canoe Club and as I approached the water's edge the gathered gulls went ballistic, I knew it wasn't me that had caused the fuss and so I quickly scanned the sky expecting to find a raptor...and I did! An Osprey was getting it from the various gulls and then a few Rooks and Jackdaws joined in. The Osprey tried to settle then decided it had had enough and flew off strongly to the north. A real case of "right time, right place" for me this morning. The only other bird of note during my 30 minutes on patch was a singing Reed Warbler that had good imitations of Goldfinch, Swallow and Blue Tit in it's repertoire.
NB: A couple of flying visits to the reservoir over the past week have proved to be uneventful, though a count of eleven Mute Swans on 13 May was a record count for me at Sutton Bingham. Two drake Mandarin were also seen on 13 May.

No comments:

Post a Comment