Friday 2 January 2015

Studland - Fri 2 Jan

A visit to Studland this afternoon, and I tried and failed to see any Ring-necked Parakeets today...seems to get harder every time I visit to see one of these green beauties. In fact there was very little of note that was land-based (I missed another Firecrest too), but the sea was very productive. Off the south beach I found a Red-necked Grebe which was an unexpected surprise, there were also six adult Mediterranean Gulls. I then moved on to middle beach where I saw two distant Black-necked Grebes and a flock of twelve Common Scoters. A little more scanning of the sea over the next hour or so produced a very smart Great Northern Diver and a Slavonian Grebe feeding close to the shore. This rounded off a most enjoyable day out!
UK list for 2015 now at 76 species.

No comments:

Post a Comment