Saturday 31 January 2015

Sutton Bingham - Wed 28 Jan

A bit of a surprise at Sutton Bingham today when I found three Barnacle Geese amongst a flock of one hundred Canada Geese off the dam. It's been a few years since I'd seen a Barnacle Goose at the reservoir, and the last one was almost certainly a feral bird. Of course, it's possible these three were as well, but with sightings of apparent wild birds (un-ringed adults) on the Levels in the past few days it could be these are the same birds.
I wasn't able to stay too late tonight due to other commitments so many gulls were still arriving when I left, but amongst those gathered to roost I failed to locate any Mediterranean Gulls tonight, but there were at least fifty Common Gulls. A single Kingfisher was the only other bird of note.
Sutton Bingham year list for 2015 now at 51 species.

No comments:

Post a Comment