Thursday 21 January 2016

Sutton Bingham - Thu 21 Jan

Now don't ask me why, but for some reason I felt I just had to pop along to the reservoir during my lunch hour today...and it turned out to be an inspired decision. Stopping at the northern causeway first of all I found six Tufted Duck on West Pool and then scanning the main reservoir I picked out a flock of eight Pintail and three Shelduck...result! They were all rather distant, and asleep!
A quick drive round to the dam to get a better look and a further four Tufted Duck and eighty-one Wigeon were also present.
There were loads of small birds around the Fishing Lodge and entrance road, but time was against me so I had no chance to check them all out thoroughly, but never mind, I had added another two ticks to the year list.
Sutton Bingham year list for 2016 now at 62 species.

No comments:

Post a Comment