Tuesday 26 January 2016

Sutton Bingham - Sun 24 Jan

Despite feeling pretty awful I dragged myself out for an hour over lunchtime and took a walk around the southern end of the reservoir and Cotton Bridge. I failed again to flush any Jack Snipe, though four Snipe were put up. There were good numbers of duck around with over sixty Teal and at least seventy-eight Wigeon and another year tick in the form of a female Gadwall. A Little Grebe was also present.
Overhead a Raven was seen and three Meadow Pipits were also noted.
Finally, a flock of thirteen Tufted Duck were on West Pool.
Sutton Bingham year list for 2016 now at 64 species.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Tim, a rare visit by myself to the res. today produced sightings of 143 Wigeon, I thought this count might interest you, they dropped in the southern end at 10:15. Also 2 Common Snipe got up along the east shore as I was walking north. cheers, Bob Buckler, Stoford

    ReplyDelete