Tuesday 12 April 2016

Sutton Bingham - Mon 11 Apr

With reports of Little Gulls across the country I simply had to stop in at Sutton Bingham on my way home just in case any had made it to the patch...what I didn't realise was that there was a text message on my phone (which was in my bag and out of earshot) telling me that this was indeed the case!
As I got to the northern causeway I saw a chap I recognized and there was John Rickards wondering how I'd got the message so quickly! Over the main reservoir were two adult Little Gulls looking amazing in the afternoon sun and showing really well and they were in the company of a Common Tern. After missing the last Little Gull at Sutton Bingham (in 2014) due to a phone malfunction I was glad to finally connect with this species again...my first at the reservoir since 2001! I didn't have time to hang around long, so after a good look at the Little Gulls I headed on home feeling in rather a good mood.
Sutton Bingham year list for 2016 now at 85 species.

No comments:

Post a Comment