Wednesday 27 April 2016

Sutton Bingham - Wed 27 Apr

I was awake early this morning, so instead of lying in bed I got up and spent some time at the reservoir before returning home and getting ready for work, having breakfast, etc.
I started off at the dam where I counted a total of twelve Common Sandpipers but nothing else of note. Round then to the northern causeway where another four Common Sandpipers were seen. I then noticed a wader on one of the pontoons off the Sailing Club, so out with the 'scope and unbelievably a Whimbrel was sat there!
My second record of Whimbrel for the year, following the four birds I saw ten days ago. Other bits and bobs this morning included singing Whitethroat and Blackcap and a couple of Grey Herons (of which I'd not seen any on the patch for a while). So although nothing new for the patch year list it was a good trip out and certainly blew away some cobwebs.

No comments:

Post a Comment