Sunday 10 October 2010

Sutton Bingham - Sun 10 Oct

After dropping Ellie off at church I drove up to Sutton Bingham and spent an hour at the reservoir. There was nothing of note at the northern end so I headed on down to the southern end and sat on a hay bale waiting to see what was about.
On the water, the adult Yellow-legged Gull was again present, and three Teal were seen. A Peregrine was on one of the pylons. But the most interesting thing was the passage of birds overhead, though whether visable migration or simply returning wintering bird I have no idea. During the hour long visit I noted Skylark (6+), Meadow Pipit (10+), Chaffinch (5+), alba Wagtail (4+), Starling (50+), and Mistle Thrush (2) pass overhead, mostly heading north. So all in all, a pretty good passage of birds.
Needing to be in East Coker by 11.00am I had to head on back to collect Ellie after a good hours birding.

No comments:

Post a Comment