Wednesday 6 October 2010

West Bexington - Wed 6 Oct

After a manic couple of days at work I was looking forward to getting out this afternoon and doing some birding, and as there were no real rarities to chase I decided to head to the coast and try and find something myself, and I chose West Bexington in the hope that there might be something about.
I parked at the beach car park at around 2.45pm and walked west for about a mile. Unfortunately there was a very strong wind coming off the sea when I arrived, so my hopes of actually finding anything interesting quickly evaporated. I did see a Reed Bunting feeding amongst the stones near the reed bed, and a couple of Meadow Pipits were also present, but that was it on the land.
So I set up my scope and tried a bit of seawatching instead. A group of nine Common Scoters flew west and I was hoping they would be a taste of things to come, but they were not, and I saw nothing else of note over the next forty or so minutes.
As I explored the area behind the reed beds I did see a few things flying around, but they were a handful of Speckled Woods and several dragonflies which I think were Common Darters:

No comments:

Post a Comment